Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Rise of the Cheerios Monster

I decided long ago that Cheerios were nature's perfect food.

For years Cheerios have been a staple on long car trips or simply the quick trip to the store.  I take a gallon size Ziploc freezer bag, fill it half way with regular Cheerios, add fruity Cheerios and shake well.  Presto, nature's perfect food.  I throw the Ziploc bag in the car and leave it in there so I never have to worry about forgetting snacks.

Caelyn has been eating this Cheerios mix for a long time and it is still a favorite of hers.  Recently, when we are in the MINI, she has started sharing with her brother.  The two car seats are close enough that passing the Cheerios back and forth is no problem.  The van, however, is a different story as the two are separated.

I decided to get Caleb his own somewhat spill proof cup (the kind that he can put his hand in but everything doesn't spill out if he tips it over).  He was thrilled and cackled the first time I gave it to him.  He also made a large mess, pulling out more Cheerios that his little hands could manipulate, spilling them all over his car seat.  Being the ever attentive father that I am, when I got him out of the car seat, the spilled Cheerios stayed behind.

So now, getting Caleb in the car has become a little more difficult as the Cheerios monster has been born.  When putting him in his car seat, he fights desperately to grab as many of the fallen Cheerios as he can before I can strap him in.  He also starts demanding the cup of Cheerios as soon as I have finished strapping him in.  In his mind now, it is not a car trip without Cheerios.

On the plus side, at least he is quiet when he eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment