Saturday, May 22, 2010

If They Love Me, Why Are They Trying to Kill Me?

I have long suspected that my children hate me.  How else can I explain some of their actions?  I now have proof it is worse than I thought. They are trying to kill me.

I have been sleep deprived since the day we brought our daughter home from the hospital.  She was not a good sleeper as a baby. Even now, she struggles to sleep through the night.  When she wakes up in the middle of the night, she typically calls for mommy.  I only get the call if there was a monster or some other nightmare involved but that still doesn't stop her from waking me up as well.  Lately, she has been waking about 4am, calling for mommy and ending up in our bed.

Our son is not much better.  Until recently, he was consistently waking up at 5-5:30am.  Now. he is normally up by 6:30 which means that I am up by 6:30.  Neither child as any concept of sleeping in on a weekend either.

I would often grumble, when getting up at hours that I used to go to bed at, about why it is that my children hate me. Now, though, I have proof that they are really trying to kill me.

The other morning Caelyn woke up at 4am and called for mommy.  She ended up in our bed and as I was finally starting to fall asleep at about 5am, Caleb woke and wouldn't quiet.  So, I got up with him as Kerry had Caelyn.  I brought him downstairs and turned on the TV.  The channel was on a 24 hour news network and the story was about a study showing that lack of sleep increases your chance of early death.  (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100505/hl_afp/healthsciencesleepbritainitaly)

No comments:

Post a Comment