Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tuesdays

Tuesday is our busiest day.  At least it will be until school lets out.  Yesterday was busier than usual.

Caelyn has to be at preschool by 8:30.  After dropping her off, it is time to head home and get Caleb his morning milk.  He still drinks it out of a bottle and you would think he won the lottery by the excitement he shows when he sees it.

After the bottle, it is time for Caleb's Music Together class at 10:00.  He loves it.  He gets in the middle of the room, sings and dances.  Basically, he tries to be the center of attention.  The only time he pays much attention to me is when the little girl in the class who has adopted me plops down in my lap.  Suddenly, he needs to be there too.

From Music Together there is not enough time to go home before picking Caelyn up at 11:30.  Tuesday is the one day of the week that she does not stay until 12:30.  So, Caleb and I usually make a quick trip to the bank or CVS or some other innocuous errand.  Yesterday it was a trip to the pet store.  Unfortunately, they were out of what I was looking for.

After picking Caelyn up from preschool, it is time for home and lunch.  Caleb is then put down for a nap so he can be well rested for chasing girls at Caelyn's dance class.  He loves it there and flirts with everyone from the 5 year old ballerinas to their instructor and even the Jr high school girls that walk by as part of the school group that uses one of the studios.

After I wake Caleb from his nap, it;s time to get the girl dressed in her dance clothes and off to class that starts at 3:15.  I have almost no idea what goes on in Caelyn's dance class.  I could watch through the one way glass windows but I never really get a chance to.  I am busy chasing my son who is chasing the girls in the surrounding classes.  Yesterday though was observation day.

Kerry was able to go and we, along with all the other parents and siblings of the students, got to sit in on the class.  It was fun to watch the group of 3 and 4 years olds doing their best dance moves.  Caleb loved actually being allowed in the studio while class was going on.

Towards the end, the teacher announced that she had slips of paper that stated which class the students should take in the fall if they would be continuing classes. I heard her say it and I thought, "They are getting graded."  It's a preschool age class but all of the sudden I got nervous.  "What if she doesn't pass?" 

She did of course.  I imagine they all did so long as they were old enough for the next level but what was that nervousness about.  I can only imagine how I will feel when starts sports or the first time she brings home a real report card.

After dance class, it was drop Kerry and Caelyn off at home and head on to a much needed trip to the grocery store.  I got what I needed, then it was back home where I made pasta, ground turkey and as Caelyn puts it "red sauce."  Its just dumping pasta sauce in a bowl and nuking it but she doesn't need to know that.

Finally, after all that it was time to get the kids ready for bed and get some much needed rest.

Today, we only have a few things on the schedule (preschool, plumbers, play date).  If the days can get so busy at this age, I think I may have to just paint our car yellow and put taxi on the side in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment